Water Spots On Car.
The automotive ceramic coating features hydrophobic water behavior. The ability to quickly and effectively shed and bead water. This is a great feature of any ceramic coating and has made a huge impact in the auto detailing and car care industry. Ceramic coating also increases the paint gloss and color depth while providing ease of washing. Ceramic coating is helpful in protecting car paint from UV damage and fights against the element’s contamination, but they are not a magical product.
The main problem with many ceramic coating products is the false claims. These claims state that ceramic coating will prevent water spots or mineral deposits on paint. In actual fact, ceramic coating cannot guarantee full protection against water spots. Hydrophobics help to protect our factory paint against water spots, they don’t prevent them.
How Water Spot Form?
Water spots form on the car surface when the water dries up and the mineral deposits are left behind. Water spots will happen easily if the surface is stationary under hot temperatures. This is because on a hot panel, the water evaporates quickly and the mineral deposits stick and embed into the paint. How deeply and seriousness of the water spot depends on the time ad also types of mineral.
In today’s world, there are no paint system or paint protection that may guarantee 100% protection against water spots, but there are ways and strategy to prevent it.
Vehicle water spot prevention strategy.
7 Tips to prevent water spots on car paint surfaces.
- Don’t let rainwater dry on the car paint surfaces. Wipe it dry as soon as possible.
- Always wash your car when the surface is cool and prevent direct sunlight.
- Avoid parking near sprinklers or under the awning with water droplets.
- If the car is dirty, wash it as soon as possible. Contamination combined with hard water is a nightmare for the paint.
- Use the de-ionizer system for car washing.
- Recommended using a waterless or rinse-free car wash.
- If water spots on the car surfaces become serious and stubborn to be removed, contact your local detailer and sort it out as soon as possible.
To wrap things up, the ceramic coating offers protection and glossiness for your car’s day-to-day appearance, but they are not a magic product. Please do not believe in marketing and claims of a certain product that is too good to be the truth.